Chicken with Brussels Sprouts & Mustard Sauce:
2 tbsp. Olive oil, divided (plus extra for coating baking dish)
4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt & pepper for seasoning chicken, sauce, and Brussels sprouts
1 & 1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup unfiltered apple cider
2 tbsp whole-grain Dijon mustard
5 tbsp. butter, divided
2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
12 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
Roux (melt 1 tbsp butter, then mix in 1 tbsp flour with fork)
1. Pre-heat oven to 450F and coat a baking dish with thin layer of olive oil.
2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp butter; swirl to coat.
3. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan. Cook chicken on both sides until browned (about 3 minutes).
4. Transfer chicken to baking dish and place in oven for 15 minutes (or until meat thermometer reads between 150-155).
5. In same skillet add 1 cup of broth and 1/2 cup cider, bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen brown bits.
6. Reduce heat to medium-low. Whisk in roux and simmer sauce until thickened.
7. Whisk in mustard and 2 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp parsley.
8. Heat remaining 1 tbsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
9. Add Brussels sprouts; saute until lightly browned (about 2 minutes).
10. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth to pain and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 4 minutes
11. Serve Brussels sprouts with chicken and sauce.
Corn on the Cob:
Corn on the cob (however many in your party)
2 cups 2% milk
1. Boil large pot of water with 2 cups 2% milk.
2. Once boiling, add shucked corn on the cobs to pot for 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove corn with tongs and serve.