Divine Dark Chocolate Sauce:
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup sugar
2 bars of Lindt – Excellence 70% cocoa smooth dark
3 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Place double boiler on stove and bring water to a boil.*
2. Using hands, break up the chocolate bars into medium chucks.
3. When double boiler is ready, dump chocolate chunks in, stirring constantly, as chocolate will melt quickly.
4. Once chocolate is melted remove top of double boiler from heat.
5. In a separate saucepan, combine half and half, sugar, melted chocolate, and butter.
6. Whisk over low heat until sugar dissolves and butter melts.
7. Increase heat to medium and whisk until sauce just begins to simmer. Remove from heat.
8. Mix in vanilla.
9. Allow sauce to cool.
Serve over vanilla bean ice cream.
*Make sure the top part of the double boiler does not touch the water in the bottom half of the double boiler. This will burn the chocolate.
I recommend making this sauce at least 6 hours in advance to allow for a sufficient amount of cooling time. Don’t put this sauce in the freezer or fridge. It will cause sauce to clump.