Lemony Orzo-Veggie Salad with Chicken
3/4 cup uncooked orzo
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon honey (if you want less of a lemony taste add 1/2 tsp. honey)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup shredded (cooked) chicken breast
1/2 cup diced English cucumber
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
1. Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
2. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain and place in large bowl.
3. While orzo cooks, combine lemon rind and next six ingredients (through black pepper), stirring well with a whisk.
4. Drizzle juice mixture over orzo and toss to coat.
5. Add chicken and next 4 ingredients (through dill) and toss gently to combine.
6. Sprinkle with goat cheese and serve.